The Pride Institute
July 22, 2013
LED Medical Diagnostics is proud to report that its VELscope® Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment System was once again named the “Best of Class” for the diagnostics category at the Pride Institute’s Technology Awards for 2013-14.
The “Best of Class” Technology Awards represent an initiative to inspire new and existing technology companies to improve on an annual basis and to educate those in the dental profession to use technology effectively. It is an unbiased nonprofit initiative that in conjunction with the leading technology experts in the field, selects annually the most important technologies in the industry. The impact of this initiative has resulted in cooperation of the major journals and the ADA in providing education and presentation of the technologies at the ADA Annual Session, the Greater New York Meeting, and in Dental Products Report, Dentistry Today, Dental Economics, and ADA News.
The distinguished selection panel for 2013-14 was comprised of leading experts in the dental industry:
- Lou Shuman, DMD, CAGS — President of Pride Institute, Best of Class Founder
- John Flucke, DDS — Writer, speaker and Technology Editor for Dental Products Report
- Paul Feuerstein, DMD — Writer, speaker and Technology Editor for Dental Economics
- Parag Kachalia, DDS — Vice Chair of Simulation, Technology, and Research University of Pacific School of Dentistry
- Marty Jablow, DMD — Writer and speaker
- Larry Emmott, DDS — Writer, speaker, dental marketing consultant
- Titus Schleyer, DMD, PhD — Associate Professor and Director, Center for Dental Informatics at the University of Pittsburgh, School of Dental Medicine