LED Medical Diagnostics Inc. (“LED Medical”, “the Company”), a developer of tissue visualization detection technologies for the medical industry, announced today that its VELscope Vx® Enhanced Oral Assessment device received exceptionally strong ratings in a comprehensive survey of dental practice users.
- 95% of VELscope Vx® users said they would recommend it to other dental practices.
- The percentages of users saying they were either “Satisfied,” “Very satisfied” or “Extremely satisfied” with the different aspects of the VELscope Vx® were as follows:
- Ease of incorporation into practice – 95%
- Detection of cancer/dysplasia – 90%
- Detection of other oral disease – 90%
- Patient comfort & convenience – 97%
- Patient acceptance – 95%
- Weight/ergonomics – 92%
- Profitability for practice – 74%
- Overall quality – 95%
- The typical VELscope Vx® practice:
- Uses the device to conduct 1,260 exams year.
- Detects 15 abnormalities per year.
- About 2-in-5 VELscope Vx® practices detects an abnormality that is subsequently biopsy-confirmed to be cancerous.
- The average VELscope Vx® practice detects about 5 abnormalities biopsy-confirmed to be dysplasia, which could lead to precancer or cancer.
- Attracted 4 new patients in the first year because of the VELscope Vx®.
According to Peter Whitehead, founder and CEO of LED Medical Diagnostics and its LED Dental subsidiary, “While numerous clinical studies have documented the efficacy of our VELscope technology, it is gratifying to see that the dental professionals who use the technology on a daily basis in a real world environment are so pleased with its performance.” He added, “We are also very pleased to see that our user satisfaction ratings are even higher than those received by our very successful first and second generation VELscope devices.”
Mr. Whitehead said he was particularly impressed that 74% of practices indicated high satisfaction levels regarding profitability considering that one-third of the practices do not charge for VELscope Vx® screenings. “We believe that this reflects the fact that having a VELscope Vx® demonstrates a practice’s commitment to providing the best possible oral care,” he said, “which in turn attracts new patients to the practice.”